Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

1 (edited by dlink_fe_530tx 2015-06-15 14:29:00)

Topic: Spelling: A Lost Art

I would like to begin by thanking the following teachers/researchers for showing me logical strategies for spelling: Romalda Spalding, Louisa Cook Moats, and Wanda Sanseri.

Schools only pretend to teach spelling.

The main reason for this outrage is that possibly as many as 99% of the teachers do not understand that English is written in an alphabetic Code, and that this Code for English is used to encode auditory speech and inner speech (i.e. thought). Most teachers are not even aware that English is well structured and logical. Many would have difficulty comprehending the fact that print is, indeed, recorded speech. Therefore, such teachers have no idea how to teach spelling, and only require students to memorize a limited number of words, which ill prepares individuals to spell the thousands — tens and hundreds of thousand — of English words they need to handle in order to be competent readers, spellers, writers, and thinkers.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/11/lin … -lost-art/