Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

1 (edited by dlink_fe_530tx 2015-06-15 14:25:09)

Topic: Spell Logically

There are only 29 rules for spelling English words. When my students come to a word that appears not to follow the rules, I challenge the students to do some research. I especially encourage them to become interested in word origins. Rarely do we find an odd spelling that we cannot explain after consulting a good dictionary or book on word origins. Our favorite source is the Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology, or "the big black book" as my younger students call it.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2008/02/lin … logically/