Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/grse/public_html/skola/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Home educators are stigmatized in the UK

A new "method" to stop home edukation in the UK seems to develop.

Based on unsubstantiated hearsay, those opposed to home education say that home education could well be a cover-up for child abuse... !

The happiest kids in the world, maybe, can be found among home educated ones, and the most sad and bullied can be found... in schools. Stranger yet, this opposition against home education grows...

Read more at:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45453211491

Nästan ingenting handlar om vad det handlar om!

Re: Home educators are stigmatized in the UK

Hi Mischa,

I'm new o this forum and was browsing the topics when I saw this. Unfortunately there seem to be some changes for the worse here in Sweden too, as the government is said to want to make it illegal to homeschool. When I even mentioned homeschooling to my child's school they immediately threatened to bring in the social services. It really makes one feel like the society have gone from bad to completely insane. I don't feel the public school is giving my child a fair chance to get a good education, but...

I truly don't think it is about education anymore, but about power. Here more and more children leave school without grades in core subjects such as math, Swedish, or English, but the politicians act as if harder rules and punishments will change that situation. Of course it won't! And now they will change the law to prevent parents from teach their own children. I'm not a violent person normally, but the way the world is makes me feel like I want to start a revolution.  lol

Monica

Re: Home educators are stigmatized in the UK

imho, you are right on the money!

It is still in the works, tho, the new school-law. We will see what the proposal will look like - then we use all the energy we have and can muster up, to make sure home education stays legal and normally accepted!

Nästan ingenting handlar om vad det handlar om!